Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I failed. Sorry.

So obviously I failed miserably in the attempt to make this a regular thing (the posting every Sunday situation), but I have to admit: I set myself up for failure.  I knew I wouldn't be keeping a regular schedule over break, so I should have known that it would be nearly impossible to keep a regular posting schedule.  My apologies.. BUT, now that I'm back at BGSU and syllabus week is nearing an end, I'm finding my balance once again.

Here's what you missed:

First, there was Christmas.  The most sacred, wonderful holiday of the year.  The birth of our Savior.  Of course it was everything I expected and more, and I received gifts and gave them.. One of my favorites was my calendar from Bridget which proudly hangs in my dorm room.



After Christmas came New Year's.  Now, this year I was faced with a tough decision: go to Dayton to see kids I graduated with, or stay home, save money, and see some of my oldest and dearest friends.  Well, I'll give you a hint: We had a lot of catching up to do! :)  So we went to our grandparent's cabin, ate some junk food, sang some karaoke, watched the ball drop, and had a blast!

Then came the Missouri trip.  This, my friends, was the best part of my entire break.  Not only did I get to ride in the car for 7 and 1/2 hours (which, this might sound weird, but I love car rides because I get to sing along with the radio and just think) but I also got to spend time with some amazing people (Paige, Danielle, and Coley) at an amazing restaurant.  We went to Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, Missouri.  AND, I met my future husband.  Will the "Hot Roll Guy" was our dream come true!  My friends and I spent the evening hitting on this, excuse my phrase, "fine piece of meat" even asking if I could throw the rolls out in the restaurant for one lap!  Until, dun dun dun........... We found out he is FRESHLY 17 years old.  Now, for me this is no big deal.  I'm 18, about to be 19, but the rest of our group was not.  This could have been a little bit awkward in the future. :)



And now, I'm back at BG, spending some quality time with my roommate and anticipating the pledge process for APhiO (yes, I'm actually going to pledge this time :P).  Classes have started up, the rain is back, my room is a mess, laundry needs done, and I'm finally settled.  This is going to be a great semester. :)  Until Sunday.
Have a good Week!

1 comment: