Thursday, January 26, 2012

Procrastination (I'm sure this will be the title of many more posts in the future)

Today I received a request from a dear friend (shout out to Sarah B) who wanted me to post. Again.  Apparently my life is entertaining! I'll take that as a compliment. :)  In honoring this request, I am going to talk about some of the dumb, crazy, and just plain ugly things I see people wearing on campus.  This is going to be fun.

To start things off, I'm going to talk about a new craze.  These weird head wrap things that are like the old knit head bands we used to wear in the snow and in elementary school, except these are on crack.. and not the good kind.  These head wraps are usually a gaudy color of some sort (the cream ones aren't so bad) and have either a bow or a flower on them.  Now, I'm not saying that they look hideous on everyone, or that every single head wrap is disgusting, but I am saying that you should check yourself before you wreck yourself.  I think these are cute for little girls, but not on the college folk, let alone when your hair is down and frizz-tastic.  (Sorry, Sam.  I had to do it.)  I am ashamed to say that two of my close friends insist on wearing these fashion icons. Gross.  It just so happens that Amber lost hers last night.. Coincidence? I think not. I think the fashion angels stole it from her as a favor. So there.

Next, I will discuss the boot situation.  Now, I love me a good pair of boots like the next girl, but when you start wearing the ones that are covered in fur on the outside, we have a problem.  You are not, and never will be, Snooki.  So stop that.  Then we have the rain boots.  I LOVE RAIN BOOTS.  But some girls have begun to wear the nasty rain/snow boots that look like your dad's first pair of snow boots ever.  Puh-lease.

Now to discuss the proper way to wear your jeans.  Do not wear boot cut jeans with boots.  The name is deceiving, I know, but don't do it.  No matter how hard you try to conceal your pant legs into the boots, we will always be able to tell that you have bunched up denim in your boots.  Skinny jeans were invented for a reason.  Invest!  Also, just because we're in college doesn't make it ok for your butt crack to hang out.  Respect those that have to sit behind you, we don't want to see it.  Nor do we want to see your nasty thong.

I think that's all for today.  Enjoy my examples below.. :)





3 comments:

  1. OMG! I absolutely love it! I got such a huge kick out of ittttt! I'm going to share this with everyone I know

    ReplyDelete