Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Dinner! Tomato Tortellini Soup

Another amazing soup recipe. Seriously.  I don't know why I've never made soup before now.  It's kind of depressing thinking about the nineteen and a half years I've lived without these two soups.

So here it is:

Tomato Tortellini Soup <-- I linked the recipe here!

1 package (9oz.) refrigerated cheese tortellini (I used spinach and cheese)
2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) tomato soup, undiluted
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups 2% milk (I used 1%.. haha)
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (I wish I would have only used 1/4 cup)
1 tsp. onion powder (which I spilled all over myself by the way)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Additional shredded cheese for topping

Cook the tortellini according to packaging directions.  In another pot, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings.  Heat through, stir in cooked and drained pasta carefully.  Add cheese.  Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.

There you have it folks.  A soup that didn't take me three hours to make.  But chopping those pesky little tomatoes was difficult.  

So here's what's up.  

No epiphanies today.  Boo.  However, an old friend came back into my life recently.  A sign?  I would like to think so.  Especially after my last epiphany.  

That's really all I had to say.  Oh, and as I wrote this and ate my soup, I realized that the soup really isn't that good.  Leave out the tomatoes altogether.  And cut the seasoning in half.  Enjoy.

Happy reading.  Stay Excellent, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment