Monday, October 17, 2011

Digging Deeper.

So as the title suggests, we're going to dig a little deeper in this post.  Just past the "that was a really vague post" but before the "whoa, that was too much info". 

I recently joined Pinterest and I LOVE IT! It's the most addicting site I think I've ever been on.  Like clockwork, I check my Facebook and once I think I've "creeped" on everything I need to, I go ahead and switch over to Pinterest.  Well anyway, this post isn't about Pinterest, it's about something I found on Pinterest...



Those words just reminded me of some great things, and some not to great things that I'm sure we've all been through or at least have seen someone else experience it.  

First loves, first heartbreaks, just a lot of firsts that come way too soon in life.  We all have to move on from high school and branch out at college.  Leave the nest, as they call it.  People leave your life and others take their spots.  You learn who matters and who was just a place-holder.  You find out that your family can and will be the most important thing in your life.  

I always thought it was really cliche for people to talk about how they don't need a man to complete them, but sometimes I wonder if people who never find that someone special are truly happy with the life the live?  I'm not sure how I would feel about that.  While in high school, I went through a situation with a really great guy that just ended up blossoming into a hot mess to say the least, and for the longest time I was really upset with myself for letting myself get so attached to what we were that it crushed me so bad when it was over.  I wouldn't say "love" was involved, but it was just one of those things that you can't really help how you feel.  Needless to say, I felt as though I wasn't being treated fairly and so I got out.  However, it wasn't that easy.  Things change, people change, and situations become so unbearable that you think you'll never be able to get past it.  Don't tell yourself that.  You really won't get over what happened if you set yourself up for failure.

I've always assumed that one day I would meet my future husband, maybe not right now, maybe not in the next 3 years, but eventually.  I just wish I would know what to expect.  Expect the worst, but hope for the best.  It's the only thing you can do.  Pray about it, leave it in God's hands.  Don't be afraid to let people in and to share your struggles.  But remember to grow.  

4 comments: