Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Goodness of Breadsticks :)

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you accomplished nothing but really when you think about it you accomplished quite a bit?  Well, today was one of those days for me.  

First, I was able to sleep in for the first time ever at BGSU.  I recently moved into a new dorm and away from a church who's bells rang every hour, into a room with great blinds that keep the light out like no other! So after sleeping until noon, we got up and got dressed because according to Sam, my roommate, "I feel more accomplished when I get dressed.. it's just something about not having a bra on."  I completely agree. 

We then ventured down to the laundry room and to the computer lab.  And while waiting for our laundry we walked to the union for Starbucks and pizza.  Great lunch.

After trekking back to our dorm and putting away our now clean laundry (which doesn't even come close to fitting in my shallow drawers) we proceeded to waste time on Facebook. Of course.  We even squeezed in a little time for Phineas and Ferb.  At 4:30 we both got our acts together and got out of our room.  I started the long haul (which isn't as long anymore) to my brother's house.

There, a huge pile of dishes had been calling my name for days.  I literally mean days.  So I set in on the dirty job (which took an hour) and eventually made my way back to my dorm.  At this point, we were starving.  So Amber came and joined us in our new room and we decided to walk to Campus Pollyeyes for breadsticks.  

The last time we went to Pollyeyes we politely asked for one breadstick not knowing that it was impossible to buy just one stuffed breadstick.  The manager made us a sampler of breadsticks and told us that if we promised to come back we could have them for free. YES.  So this time, we were pros.  We each ordered 3 breadsticks and as we waited for our food we began to sing a little song.  It goes something like this....


After this song, we began to sing another little tune...



At this point, we decided that every time we go to Campus Pollyeyes we must sing these two songs and smile entirely too much. Get ready BG... Get ready.  And it's only 10 PM! The night is young. More to come.

3 comments:

  1. my only question...why are you doing your brother's dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's quite a long story... short version: they repay we with beverages that are delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete