Thursday, September 29, 2011

Awkward is my Middle Name

     Awkwardness.  It happens. Most people avoid this particular part of life, but for some odd reason I have been blessed with the ability to cherish every moment of awkwardness that is thrown my way.  This makes me so happy. So happy.
   
     Lately I have been having more awkward moments than ever before.  I never dreamed this would be possible.  Starting with sleeping in strangers' beds (not what you think, I'll explain later) to being pinned at my pledge ceremony to having secret conversations with my roommate in my brother's bathroom.  The experience here at BGSU has been jam packed with awkward.  Brace yourself.


     Let's begin with the strangers' beds.  While I say strangers, as in plural, really its singular.  It only happened once, but it just seems like one of those things I need to make plural.  Classic case of a misunderstanding between one roommate and another.  It doesn't help when the people involved are slightly intoxicated either... but that's a whole other story.  Back to this one.  One guy said that the other guy would not be home until the next afternoon.  Therefore, he reassured me that it would be safe to crash in his bed for the night instead of making the long haul back to my own dorm.  This obviously ended awkwardly... that's the point of this story.  Needless to say, the other guy was home at 7:30 AM the next morning and he and I both were a bit surprised to see one another.  Him especially, since of course I was in his bed.  Weird.

     Moving on.  At my pledge ceremony for APhiO, I was pinned by a random member whom I've never met before.  I was wearing a nice black shirt that didn't scoop low or anything so when he went to pin me, he had to stick his hand down my shirt.  As if that wasn't weird enough, he then struggled to find the pin to put the back on it and it took him forever.  Very uncomfortable for both of us.. I actually laughed at him. The whole time.

     And lastly, my roommate and myself and our crazy secret conversations.  We were at my brother's house and there was another guy there who was very attractive.  But that's besides the point.  This guy was interested in my roommate and he sent her a very interesting text that I will keep personal.. ha. Well anyway, she proceeds to forward me this message and seeing as I was about to burst out laughing I ran into my brother's room.  She joined me and we continued to giggle and laugh about the situation in my brother's bathroom. Then, she receives a text from this guy and of course he was on to us.. it read, "Go ahead. Have your girl talk."  They know us so well, those boys.

     I can't decide if I like the idea of the awkwardness or if it's just getting to the point where I can't even tell awkward from normal anymore.  It's quite intriguing. :)

1 comment: