Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

Today is my dad's birthday! So you can probably guess what I'm thankful for today... DAD! Yes! I am so thankful for having a father who has always been there for me, through thick and thin, through sadness and joy, and of course letting me make my own mistakes.



Dad and I have always had an unspoken alliance (sorry mom).  When it was his weekend off, he would take me and my brother to Sam's Place for egg, bacon, and cheese sandwiches early in the morning.  Then we would waste the rest of the day running errands and mowing the grass, and eventually, we would end up at Creekside for a beverage.  My favorite was always a Big Red.

As time passed, my brother and I became more involved in our school and sports and our saturdays would be spent at football games, volleyball games, wrestling matches, swim meets, and track meets.  I always knew I could count on Dad to be at every event to cheer me on.  And then Sundays would be spent at Grandma's house playing in the dirt.  Dad taught me how to drive the mule, the four wheeler, and how to fish.  I would probably be some girly-girl who was afraid of the dark (hehehe) without his guidance growing up.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and all she's done for me just as equally.  Every girl needs to experience her first over-night shopping trip and the purchase of her first homecoming dress, but she also needs her dad to show her how special she really is.  So thank you Lord, for letting me have the best daddy in the whole world! I love you Dad, and happy birthday!

3 comments:

  1. *insert all the children of the world starting a slow clap and chanting , "Frank! Frank! Frank!" haha me gusta tu papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made your daddy cry...

    ReplyDelete