Monday, November 12, 2012

"Sunday" dinner: hectic weekend = lazy day..

The most exhausting weekend of my life.

Pay attention, it gets a little bit confusing. Good luck.

Friday night, my brother and I begin our drive home, realizing twenty minutes into the drive that he has forgotten his black dress shoes, Mike makes me turn around and go back to BG.  Mind you, if I would have forgotten something (ANYTHING) we would never go back for it.  Anyway, we finally make it home and I change quickly and meet my cousins Paige and Kimi and our friend Coley at the local watering hole to celebrate Paige's 23rd birthday.  She's an old fart now.

Saturday morning, sadly my family and I had to attend a funeral of a very dear man.  He was one of a kind, that's for sure.  One of my dad's best friends and the kindest hearted man I've ever met.  Why this added to my exhaustion this weekend, should be self-explanatory.

Saturday afternoon/evening, I got to spend some much needed time with my favorite (don't tell the others) cousin, Bridget!  We had all intentions of baking a marvelous cake and decorating it in a weird yet splendid way, however, neither one of us was in a "cake" mood.  What did we do instead, you ask?    We watched Beauty and the Beast and ripped apart the sentimental ending in the following way,

Me: "I wonder where all those people came from?" (referring to the end segment where they are all human and dancing at a ball)
Bridget: "Probably from the village"
Me: "But they didn't like him"
Bridget: "They didn't like her either.  They thought she was rather peculiar."
Me: "Hypocrites."

(referring to the stain glass window that pops up)
Me: "That's a new window."
Bridget: "Yea, I wonder how much that cost them.."

We also made glutin free, homemade pizza.  And it was delish.  Be jealous.  So delicious in fact, we had to take a break between pieces to allow for proper digestion and to make room for more goodness.  After our food comas passed, we watched The Lion King, which we also ruined with our pesky commentary and ridiculous gas noises that were coming from Bridget (oh Joann, how embarrassing!)

Saturday late evening, I got to spend some time with my Boo Boo, Ashlina.  And of course some other rats we graduated with.  The evening was splendid.  And I got to see Jeffy!  He's also my favorite.

Sunday began, and I was dreading it.  Homework day.  I accomplished one lesson plan and my final field task paper before we went out to my grandparents' cabin.  We enjoyed some nice grilled vegetables on a stick (us vegetarians that is) and everyone else chowed down with chicken, pork, and some mysterious other stuff.  I don't know.  After dinner we were informed that the cabin was placed into a trust sort of thingy.  Long story short, in 50 plus years when all our parents have passed, the grandkids inherit the cabin and the land.  There's no monetary value, but only shares.  So it should stay in the family for a very long time.  This makes me extremely happy, and our family is extremely blessed to have such a place in our possession.

Here's where the trainwreck begins.

Sunday evening, upon returning to Bowling Green, I went into my brothers house to get my van/apartment keys.  I could not find them.  Panic didn't set in just yet, though.  I checked a few places that keys would usually be in his house like the kitchen drawer, Mike's desk, the desk drawers, on top of both refrigerators, etc.  Then the panic sets in.  I check the van to see if its unlocked, it's not.  I look inside it to see if the keys are locked in, they aren't.  Mike asks his roommates if they have seen them, they haven't.  And then I began to cry.  Sobbing.  Sitting on my brother's bed while there's a party going on in his living room and he doesn't know what to do and I don't know what to do and it's just a giant mess.  His consoling words? "Why are you freaking out?"  I DON'T KNOW, MY KEYS ARE MISSING? But of course I kept my composure and managed to squeeze between sobs that I was just "tired" and "stressed" like any other girl would do.  So I take Mike's car to my apartment to get my spare van key.  On the way I sob on the phone to my mother about what happened, but she can't understand me so I ended up getting angry and telling her again in real words what happened.  Then I had to explain it to my roommate Jodi, and guess what? Yep.  I cried again.  But wait! There's more!  I had made plans with my roommate from last year to dye her hair, but I had to call her and tell her I couldn't anymore, and the tears began again.  Finally, I returned to Mike's and as I walk in the door I get his text that says he found my keys!  And you know what's coming this time, don't you? Yea, I cried again.  So happy that my keys were safe, I couldn't help but cry again.

So finally I make it back to my apartment, and Sam came over so I could dye her hair, then we got some yummy taco bell.  I crawled into my bed after watching some ridiculously stupid television show for about an hour, and I just passed out.  Crying is exhausting.  I recommend it to all who are struggling to fall asleep at night.  It's magical.

As for my dinner, I'm probably going to have a leftover baked potato.  I can't exert any more energy this weekend.  Thank goodness Thanksgiving is so close.  For real.

That's all.  Happy reading.  Stay excellent, Me. :)

1 comment:

  1. girl, i luuuhhhh you! and our snarky comments. and the word snarky...sorry about your emotions, can't help them:).

    ReplyDelete