Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Part II

Hi hi hi! Happy Thanksgiving! Again.

So here's the scoop:  I have had one of the best weekends ever.  For real.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, and we all know how wonderful that day is with food, family, and of course a ton of shopping preparations.  I was a little concerned with the amount of options I was going to have that were vegetarian friendly, but Grandma Berger's was a feast.  My plate was just as full as everyone else's (regrettably) and there was even WINE.  I love me some wine (and mixed with a splash of 7-UP seemed to knock out that dreaded headache I always get).

Anyway...  After dinner, which consisted of jokes all around and accidentally causing Jonas to cry (again), I sat calmly on the couch with Lover (aka Bridget) and I started leafing through all the ads just for fun.  And then I saw it.  The most perfect camera ever.  On sale.  At target.  After some slight hesitation, we jumped off the couch and ran around telling parents where we were going and why.  The verdict?  Mother got on the computer and less than 5 minutes later, I had a new camera at half price and with free shipping.  MAGICAL.

Bridget and I went to Target anyway just to make fun of the crazies, but the line to get in was wayyyyyy too long and we gave up on that idea.  But it was a nice car ride anyway.

Friday was the highlight of the weekend.  I got to make cheesy vegetable chowder with Bridget!  Turns out that vegetable stock has yeast in it.  Translation: it has gluten and that meant Mim and Pap could not eat it.  Bridget sucked it up and enjoyed a bowl of soup with me anyway.  And some ice cream too.  All while watching Sleeping Beauty.  We live exciting lives.  After my much needed time with Bridget, I went to Ashlina's and we drove up with a group to a friend's lake house at St. Mary's.  We had a classy group of people,  a ton of time, and no worries on our mind.  Such a laid back night with tons of fun!  It's the nights like these that make me not want to go back to school.  Ever.

Last night was spent with some of my oldest friends and my cousins.  Paige, Kimi, Danielle, Bridget, and myself ventured to The Cheesecake Factory for a dinner and just time for ourselves.  Loved it.  And our waitress thought we were witty.  That makes me smile.  Then we ventured to Coley's and played mafia and a combination of telephone and pictionary.  It was strange, but fun.  Well, it was fun until everything turned into male reproductive parts and Oen.  Then it just got a little too inappropriate for my liking.. but still a little humorous.

Random side note: Seether is an amazing group to listen to.  Especially Rise Above This and Broken.  Check it out.

As for today... I'm sulking.  I don't want to go back to school.  I want the semester to be over already and to be able to just relax and worry about Christmas presents.  Cause I still have a lot to get and to make and we all know I won't actually get them done until the day before Christmas.  Procrastination at its finest.

I believe that's all I have to say for now.  This was a solid post.  I'm pretty proud of myself.

Happy reading.  Stay excellent, Me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Broken by Seether is my alltime favorite song! It's my ringtone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to come home. what disney movie is next!?

    ReplyDelete