Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday once again..

Happy Sunday!

No food today, I decided that it was productive to stay in bed until 12 and then get up to do homework, so I don't really have time.  Plus, I'm going to dinner at El Zarape with Sam and Sarah for Sarah's birthday! (I might just make a half-batch of the cheesy vegetable chowder though, just because I can't live without it. WHOOPS!)

This past week went by soooooo fast!  I'm so happy it did though, Thanksgiving couldn't come soon enough.  I can't wait to eat entirely too much food, and spend entirely too much time with my family.

Last week was my brother's birthday and yesterday was my dad's.  Both of whom are very important people in my life.  I'll spare you the sappy details, but this is a shout-out to both of them!  Happy Birthday old farts!

In other news, I had a wonderful stay in the Wood County emergency room last Thursday night.  Now don't go and panic just yet, I'm writing this post now, so it couldn't have been too bad, right? Right.  Well sort of.

I had this AWFUL pain in the left side for about two days before I finally couldn't stand it.  So I dragged Sam and Sarah (S/O for being the best friends ever!) along with me to the ER to find out what was going on.  Four hours, a few blood tests, a urine sample, a chest x-ray, and an EKG later, the doctor tells me, "Well, all your tests all clear.  I'm stumped."  WHAT? So the kind doctor sends me on my way with a prescription for some extra strength Advil (which I didn't fill because he made me so angry with all his dumb tests and cold hospital room stuff) and tells me to check in at the health center on campus if it continues.  Great, thanks for your assistance.

Back to a happier note, I seriously can't wait for Thanksgiving.  I just want some mashed potatoes sooooo bad!  It dawned on my yesterday, when Jodi, one of my roommates, was making stuffing for a thanksgiving party she had here at school that a lot of dishes at Thanksgiving contain meat or have some kind of broth in them that comes from meat.  For example, the turkey.  Obviously.  Then there's the gravy for your potatoes which definitely contains the juices from said turkey.  Next, we have the stuffing, containing not only the turkey juices but also some bits of turkey as well, and last but not least, the salad, which will contain bacon because my family is literally filled with carnivores.

So, I'm going to try to convince Paige to help me make some tofu meatballs that the family can enjoy (and so we don't starve).  Wish us luck!

Happy reading.  Stay excellent, Me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment